Monday 16 October 2017

Mixed Media Collage Collection...

30 years ago today, here in the South East of England, we were hit by a great storm. I remember it vividly. I was woken at approx 4am and looked out of the window to see trees bent over straining against the wind and debris flying everywhere. I remember our greenhouse being lifted up almost in one piece and then dropping to the ground completely smashing it to pieces. I could not believe this was happening in our little part of the country. I had only ever seen this kind of weather in films or in news reports from other parts of the world. No-one had ever seen anything like it in the UK in their lifetime, or indeed since. 

Luckily we have escaped ex-hurricane Ophelia which has hit the west and north of the UK today, but I feel for those who are affected and hope everyone is OK.

Today I have been making a collection of collage pieces. I used old dictionary papers and magazines to collage and then used my Prima Oil pastels to add colour. I also added some stencilling and stamping to add a bit more pattern and detail. The lovely lace pocket die I've used on the larger card is by Elizabeth Crafts.

yellow collage 1 

I collaged an A4 piece of card and after cutting it up found I had enough for all of these creations.

yellow collage 3

I really love the colours of yellow, pale pink, grey with hints of gold here and there. The tags were made using a tag die by Papertrey.

yellow collage 5

I have used my Donna Downey Empowered words stamps again, with the exception of the Gift sentiment which is by Heartfelt creations.

 yellow collage 7 

 And here is the whole collection...

yellow collage 8 
 I really love how grungey they turned out.

Anyway, I hope you are all OK and the weather is being kind to you x

No comments:

Post a Comment