Tuesday 24 October 2017

Mixed media collage art journal page * be strong*

I do love collage and creating art journal pages, but when I started this page I had really no idea what I was trying to achieve. It was the background stamp, a frame stamp by Melissa Frances, that gave me the idea to try and do an abstract Cityscape and this was the result. 

I collaged some pages from a vintage book and and gesso'd all over. Then I used texture paste to add the script stencil, and some drywall tape for extra texture, and then added some earthy watercolour tones to my page. The ornate book plate is by Tim Holtz.

It took a while, but this page has actually grown on me the more I look at it. I shall be entering it into the Simon Says Monday challenge which is "monochrome".

citiscape collage art journal page 1 

Thank you so much for stopping by x 

No comments:

Post a Comment